Stand Upon The Rock
I. THERE IS A PLACE NEAR TO GOD TO WHICH WE ARE CALLED (v. 21).
* + This is a place that is provided by God.
* + God desires for all those who know Him to come near to Him.
II. WE ARE TO STAND ON THE ROCK, AND HIDE IN THE CLEFT WHICH GOD PROVIDES (vv. 21, 22).
* + The rock of course represents the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God.
(1 Corinthians 10:4)
* + There is no surer foundation than the Rock which is Jesus Christ.
(Matthew 16:18 ) (1 Corinthians 3:11).
III. IN THE CLEFT OF THE ROCK; COVERED BY THE HAND OF GOD (v. 22).
* + Even though we may be in the place God has placed us we still need His covering hand to protect us from His glory.
* + God became flesh and dwelt among us (John 1:1, 14), “(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14 (KJV).
IV. THE GLORY OF GOD FROM THE BACK (v. 23).
* + We are left to believe that the back glory was completely satisfactory to Moses.
* + One day we are promised that we shall behold the face of our Lord.
-Tim A. Blankenship