Hail And Fire From Heaven – Exodus 9:13-35
Arthur W. Pink points out that where the other plagues could have been connected to uncleanliness, unhealthy living, and sinfulness; this plague begins a series of plague which are definitely from the heavens.
I. GOD WARNS PHAROAH, AND TEACHES HIM THAT HE HAS BEEN MERCIFUL (vv. 13-15).
II. GOD ONCE AGAIN REVEALS HIS PURPOSE FOR PHAROAH IN THIS SERIES OF PLAGUES (vv. 16-18).
III. GOD GIVES THE PHAROAH AND THE PEOPLE OF EGYPT A CHANCE TO BELIEVE HIM (vv. 19-21).
IV. GOD SENDS THE PLAGUE OF HAIL AND FIRE THROUGHOUT THE LAND OF EGYPT (vv. 22-26).
V. THE PHAROAH CALLS FOR MOSES TO CALL FOR A STOP TO THE HAIL AND FIRE (vv. 27-30).
VI. SOME CROPS WERE DESTROYED AND SOME WERE NOT (vv. 31-32).
VII. THE PLAGUE IS STOPPED; PHAROAH’S HEART IS HARDENED; THE LORD HAS SPOKEN (vv. 33-35).
Study Questions –
1. What does God tell Pharoah is His reason for these plagues? (two answers v. 16)
A. That I might just play games. B. That I might be a puppet master.
C. That I may show My power in you. D. My name declared in all the earth.
2. In what some might say is a striking claim God calls the plagues “My plagues”. True False (v. 14)
3. The Pharoah ____________ himself over God and the ______________ of God. (v. 17)
4. This was a plague from the _____________, and makes quite clear that this plague was from ________ ___________.
5. Those who believed the word of the Lord and of Moses acted with speed… (vv. 20-21)
A. To get their servants and livestock to their houses. B. To stand outdoors to watch the storm.
C. Rode their camels following the storm. D. None of the above.
6. The only place that was not protected from this storm was the land of Goshen. True False (v. 26)
7. Pharoah _________________ to the ______________ of the Egyptian’s hearts, and the righteousness of the LORD. (v. 27).
8. God in His mercy to Egypt did not destroy the _______________ and the ______________ because they are late crops. (vv. 31-32)
9. The heart of Pharoah has been softening throughout all these plagues. True False (v. 35)
10. To have a soft heart with God the heart must surrender to the will of God. True False
1. C & D; 2. True; 3. exalts, people; 4. heavens, the LORD; 5. A; 6. False; 7. confessed, wickedness; 8. wheat, rye; 9. False; 10. True
-Tim A. Blankenship