FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
The Righteousness of Christ – Exodus 26:1-6
When we look at mankind, our lives, and our sins we can clearly see that we are a depraved lot. We have sinned and fall far short of God’s glory. There is one Man who is Divine God, and became flesh, lived righteously, holy, pure and undefiled before God the Father.
The Righteousness of Christ is clearly revealed in the Tabernacle of the wilderness, throughout the Old Testament and into and through the New Testament. These “linen curtains” show us typically the righteousness and purity of the Christ of God. These “make the Tabernacle”
I. THE MATERIAL AND COLORS OF THE CURTAIN OF THE TABERNACLE (v. 1).
II. THE ORNAMENTATION OF THE TABERNACLE (v. 1).
III. THE MEASUREMENT OF THE LINEN CURTAINS (v. 2).
IV. THE MEANING OF THE LINEN CURTAINS (John 1:14; 1 Peter 2:5; 1 John 2:20, 27; Hebrews 2:9).
V. THE “LOOPS” and “COUPLINGS” OF THE TABERNACLE (vv. 3-6).
FILL IN THE BLANKS –
1. The _______________ ________________________ represents the purity of Jesus Christ. (vv. 1; Rev. 19:8)
2. The colors, _____________, _____________, and ______________ were used for embroidering the cherubim onto the white curtains. (vv. 1; 1 Cor. 15:47; Luke 2:11; Luke 2:47; Matthew 27:37; 2 Cor. 5:21; Isaiah 1:18; Ps. 22)
3. The _________________ figures added assurance of protection, and power within the ___________________. (vv. 1; Ps. 61:4; 91:4; 17:8).
4. “The length of one curtain shall be eight and twenty cubits, and the breadth of one curtain four cubits; and every one of the curtains shall have one measure” (v. 2). “______________ is the perfect number, being absolutely indivisible except by itself, and the highest prime number; and four is that of completeness on earth—as seen for example, in the four corners of the earth, four square, four gospels, etc. The dimensions of the Curtains will then betoken perfection displayed in completeness on earth; and such a meaning could only be applied to the life of our blessed Lord. The Curtains of the Tabernacle, consequently, speak of the complete unfolding of His ___________________ as Man when passing through this scene” (Mr. E. Dennett).
5. None, but those who have access to the _________________ __________ _____________ can truly appreciate the beauties of His holiness. (vv. 3-6; John 1:14; 1 Peter 2:5; 1 John 2:20, 27; Hebrews 2:9).
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. fine linen; 2. blue, purple, scarlet; 3. cherubim, tabernacle; 4. Seven, perfections; 5. presence of God.