FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
Raise The Tabernacle – Exodus 26:15-30
I think it would be safe to say that we look now at the skeletal structure of the Tabernacle. These are the “boards” which holds up the materials which enclose the articles of furniture of the Tabernacle. The materials include acacia wood, silver, and much concerning the “pattern” of the Tabernacle.
Twenty boards, and forty “sockets” of silver; for the North and the South sides, and the East side. Each board approximately 27 inches in width, 15 feet in length. The West end was to only have six plus two more for each corner.
This is a complex pattern. It is a picture of the way to God in His holiness, righteousness, and justness. Man must come into God’s presence in God’s grace, His time, His way.
I. THE UPRIGHT BOARDS (vv. 15-17).
II. THE PLACEMENT OF THE BOARDS AND THE SILVER SOCKETS (vv. 18-25).
III. THE GOLD AND THE ACACIA WOOD (vv. 26-29).
IV. THE STRICT PATTERN OF THE TABERNACLE (v. 30).
FILL IN THE BLANKS –
1. The ________________ boards being ten cubits in length show the ________________ ________________ of human responsibility.
2. There were ninety six _________________ __________________ which formed the foundation of the Tabernacle.
3. ________________ was used for the redemption of the soul for the rich and the poor (Exodus 30:11-16).
4. Upon the _________________ and the _______________ was the weight of the whole covering of the Tabernacle.
5. “Separate consideration should be given to the two “corner boards” see vv. 23, 24. It was these which gave increased stability to the whole structure. “Our thoughts naturally turn to the two occasions on which the Lord is spoken of in Scripture with reference to the corner; ‘Behold, I lay in Zion, for a foundation, a Stone, a tried Stone, a precious corner Stone, a sure foundation’ (Isa. 28:16). ‘The Stone, which the builders refused, is become the Head-stone of the corner.’ (Ps. 118:22). Here we have presented to us, a corner-stone as foundation, and a corner-stone crowning the building: the beginning and the end. The whole strength of the edifice depending on the firmness of the foundation corner-stone; and the whole compactness, and knitting together of the building as one depending on the head-stone of the corner. God laid the ___________ in the death of His Son; He completed the building in His __________. The walls of living stones rest securely on this Rock of Ages, and are bound everlastingly together on the top-stone. The corner-boards of the Tabernacle may have some reference to these blessed truths” (Mr. G. Soltau). From A. W. Pink
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. upright, Divine Measure; 2. silver sockets; 3. Silver; 4. gold, wood; 5. foundation, resurrection.