FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
The Veil Of Blue, Purple and Scarlet – Exodus 26:31-37
FILL IN THE BLANK –
1. The ____________ provides a ____________ from the holy place, and the holy of Holies. (v. 31, 33; Hebrews 10:19-20)
2. The veil is made of “fine twined linen”and is of the colors ____________, ____________ and ____________. (v. 31)
3. Typically we see the colors representing _____________, _______________ and __________ _______________. (See Joshua 2:14-18).
4. “With cherubim shall it be made” (v. 31). “The typical significance of the cherubim here is a double one, accordingly as we view the Veil itself in its twofold aspect. First, the Veil sets forth the _________________ of Christ’s person as the incarnate Son of God. In this connection the cherubim would intimate that no matter whether the Lord Jesus be contemplated as the Man from Heaven (1 Cor. 15:47), yet in it (John 3:13), even when on earth (the “blue”); or on the Cross as an expiatory sacrifice (the “scarlet”); or on the Throne (the “purple”), He carries in His own person the _________________ ___________________ of the eternal God. Second. the Veil ______________ signified that the perfections of Christ only served to emphasize the truth that sinful man had no access to God. This solemn fact would be the more impressively set forth by the cherubim wrought upon it. As the priests gazed on the Veil, and saw the mystic figures standing out in vivid colors, would not their thoughts turn at once to what is recorded in Genesis 3:24? When God banished His rebellious creatures from Eden, He placed cherubim at the entrance to the Garden. with flaming sword which turned every way. Here on the Veil these cherubim taught the same lesson; ______________ man, as such, cannot approach the ineffably holy God!” FROM A. W. Pink Archive, GLEANINGS IN EXODUS
5. The ______________ and the ______________ still a part in the hanging of the veil shows us the continuing, abiding presence of our Lord Jesus. (v. 32)
6. There is a _______________ in heaven as our ___________________ . (v. 32; 1 Timothy 2:5)
7. The __________________ of the Ark of the covenant, ______________ _____________, Table, ___________________ and the hanging for the door shows the difficulty of entering into the presence of Holy God.
I. THE VEIL OF SEPARATION AND COLOR (vv. 31, 33; Hebrews 10:19-20).
II. THE GUARDING HOLINESS OF CHRIST, AND THE CHERUBIM (v. 31; Genesis 3:24).
III. THE EXCLUSIVITY OF ENTERING THE PRESENCE OF GOD (vv. 33-37).
-Tim A. Blankenship
BLANKS FILLED –
1. veil, separation; 2. blue, purple, scarlet; 3. heavenly, royalty, blood sacrifice; 4. excellencies, Judicial authority, unrent, sinful; 5. wood, gold; 6. man, Mediator; 7. placement, mercy seat, candlestick.