FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
The Brazen Altar – Exodus 27:1-8
FILL IN THE BLANKS –
1. The Majority of pieces of the _____________________ have been to this point __________ and ___________.
2. This altar is made of ______________ and _____________.
3. This altar of sacrifice was set just ____________ the court of the tabernacle (40:33).
4. “The _____________-_____________ was the basis of the Levitical system. To it the sinner came with his Divinely-appointed victim. There was a fire continually burning upon it (Lev. 6:13), and the daily sacrifice was renewed each morning. There it stood: ever smoking, ever ______________-_____________, ever open to any guilty Hebrew that might wish to approach it. The sinner, having forfeited his life by sin, another life—an innocent one—must be given in his stead. When the Israelite brought his offering, before killing it he laid his hand on the animal’s head, thus becoming identified with it, and thereby the acceptableness of the flawless victim passed to him, while his sin is transferred to it. So, too, this Altar stood in the path of the ______________, as they went in to minister within the Holy Place. At this Altar the high priest officiated on the great day of atonement (Lev. 16). From GLEANINGS IN EXODUS by A. W. Pink
5. ______________ is more resistant to fire, and durable than is gold or silver; and is a symbol of _______________ as well (Deut. 33:25; Jeremiah 1:18)
6. The purpose of the _____________ of the altar was to ___________ the sacrifice; it represents the power of the altar and its sacrifice.
7. The altar of sacrifice is a picture of the ______________/_____________ of sin (Heb. 9:22)
I. THE BRAZEN ALTAR OF JUDGMENT (v. 1).
II. THE HORNS WHICH KEPT THE SACRIFICE HELD (v. 2).
III. THE UTENSILS TO CONDUCT THE WORK OF THE ALTAR (v. 3).
IV. THE INNER WORKING OF THE ALTAR (vv. 4-8).
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. tabernacle, gold, wood; 2. brass, wood; 3. inside; 4. brazen-altar, blood-stained, priests; 5. Brass, judgment; 6. horns, bind; 7. remission/forgiveness.