Jesus And The Christian
I. CHRISTIAN’S TIME OF TESTING EQUIPS US TO WALK IN THE SPIRIT OF JESUS (vv. 14-15).
+ Testing is not just to show us, what we have, but to strengthen us for the journey ahead.
* + There is no walking in the Spirit of Jesus without the cross of the follower.
II. THE CHRISTIAN’S WALK IN THE SPIRIT OF JESUS WILL BE FAITHFUL TO SUPPORT THE WORSHIP OF THEIR LOCAL CHURCH (v. 16)
* + Jesus attended the synagogue of His home town of Nazareth.
* + Why does the Spirit filled Christian need to be in a local congregation.
III. THE CHRISTIAN’S WALK IN THE SPIRIT OF JESUS WILL INCLUDE DEDICATION TO THE PROMINENCE OF THE WORD OF GOD (v. 17).
* + The Word of God should always be front and center.
* + Jesus stood showing priority, prominence and respect for reading the Word of God.
* + It must be lived out in the hearts and lives of Christians who worship in the local church.
IV. THE CHRISTIAN’S WALK IN THE SPIRIT OF JESUS WILL SHOW FORTH JESUS AND BE A PART IN THE FULFILLING OF SCRIPTURE (vv. 18-21).
* + In our obedience to Jesus Christ we fulfill the Scriptures in our own hearts and in the lives of others.
* + Scripture tell us that Jesus is seated at the Father’s right hand (Hebrews 1:3, 13; 8:1; 10:12; 12:2; 1 Peter 3:22).
-Tim A. Blankenship