We are beginning a new study in Exodus.
The Continuing Story… Exodus 1:1-22
I. GOD’S PROVIDENCE FOR HIS PEOPLE (vv. 1-7).
II. GOD BUILDS HIS PEOPLE IN THE MIDST OF AFFLICTION (vv. 8-14).
III. GOD HONORS LIFE AND THOSE WHO HONOR AND RESPECT LIFE (vv. 15-20).
IV. GOD BLESSES HIS PEOPLE FOR THEIR FAITHFULNESS (vv. 21-22).
QUESTIONS – EXODUS 1
The book of Genesis begins with creation, and man in a garden; ends with a family at a grave, and in Egypt. Exodus begins with “Now…”, and we find a family that has grown astronomically. We find this family in bondage, subjects to the rulers of Egypt, and at their mercy, and crying out for help from their God.
1. Moses is believed to be the author of the book of Exodus. True False
2. What would be the significance of the word “Now” which begins the book of Exodus? Or is there any significance? (v. 1:1)
3. Every man of the household of ____________ came with him, except for _____________ because he was already in Egypt. (chapter one, vv. 1, 5)
4. There were eighty people who came to Egypt with Jacob. True False (v. 5)
5. Since the children of Israel became slaves in Egypt what happened when they were afflicted by the Egyptians? (vv. 8-14).
A. They became discouraged and quit. C. They fought back and died.
B. The more they were afflcted the more they grew. D. Neither A, B, or C
6. The midwives were commanded to kill all the ______________ children, and allow the ______________ children to live (vv. 15-16).
7. The midwives, however, ________ __________ and let the ___________ _____________ live (v. 17).
8. Does the answer of the midwives to the Pharoah for the live male children need to be a lie? (vv. 18-19)
9. With the good treatment the midwives gave the Hebrew women having children… (vv. 20-21)
A. …God cursed them. C. …they were hated by the Hebrews
B. …God dealt well with them. D. Neither A, B, or C.
10. What is a lesson you can learn from this study of Exodus 1:1-22?
-Tim A. Blankenship