Moses, Drawn Out – Exodus 2:1-25
I. HE IS DRAWN OUT FROM HIS PLACE OF HIDING IN HIS HOME (vv. 1-4).
II. HE IS DRAWN OUT FROM THE BULRUSHES INTO A NEW HOME AND CULTURE (vv. 5-10).
III. HE IS DRAWN OUT FROM THE NEW TO FULFILL THE OLD PROMISES (vv. 11-14).
IV. HE IS DRAWN OUT FROM A LIFE OF EASE TO A LIFE OF PREPARATION (vv. vv. 15-25).
Exodus 2 – Study Questions
Moses has not yet been born, mentioned or named in the Bible. Thinking of the last chapter we see that our Lord inspired Moses, in his writing the history, to join the two books togeter with one single word. That word is “Now” (KJV). It gives us continuation throughout the continuing story; and it is a story which has yet to end. Let’s look at the beginning of the life of Moses, and before, His short time in Egypt and its royalty, and His flight into Midian.
1. The mother and father, though not named in our text is ______________ and ______________ . (6:20; Numbers 26:59).
2. When Moses was born it was truly a very pleasant time for all the Hebrews. True False (vv. 2-3)
3. _______________, Moses’s mother, hid Moses for _______________ _____________ to protect him, and finally made a “ark” to put him in, and set him afloat on the river. (vv. 2-3).
4. The ark of bulrushes was sealed with a substance called “Pitch”. There may be some spiritual significance in that: (2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13; 4:30):
A. There is no spiritual signigicance.
B. It has to do with spiritual sealing ( 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13; 4:30).
C. It is only a tarrey substance.
5. It was the daughter of Pharoah who spotted the “ark” while she was bathing. True. False. (v. 5).
6. The _____________ of the baby spoke to Pharoah’s daughter about getting a ______________ to nurse the child. (v. 7)
7. Moses killed the Egyptian because…
A. …he was in his way.
B. …he was beating one of his brethren.
C. …he needed to relieve some stress.
8. According to Stephen’s account in Acts 7 Moses did not believe that God was going to use him to deliver his people out of Egyptian slavery. True False.
9. Moses fled into ________________, helped a shepherd’s daughters, was given __________________ for his wife. (vv. 16-21).
10. The _______________ and _______________ of Israel increases while they are still in bondage. (vv. 23-25).
-Tim A. Blankenship