Called Back To Egypt
I. GOD CALLS MOSES FROM OUT OF THE MIDST OF A FIERY BUSH (vv. 1-6)
II. GOD TELLS MOSES OF THE CRIES OF ISRAEL AND HIS HEART TO DELIVER THEM (vv. 7-10).
III. GOD REVEALS HIS NAME TO IDENTIFY HIMSELF TO HIS PEOPLE (vv. 11-15)
IV. GOD’S CALL TO CALL THE PEOPLE AND GIVE THEM HIS PROMISES (vv. 16-22)
At the time of this chapter Moses has been out of Egypt for approximately 40 years. He has become quite acclimated to the surroundings of the wilderness life, including terrain, weather, and solitude. These wilderness years will serve Moses well for the task God is giving him for the next forty years of His life.
1. Since Jethro is the priest of Midian; that could mean that he is priest to people who are descendants to Abraham. True False (v. 1; Genesis 25:1-4)
2. It is quite possible that any reference to “the angel of the LORD” is a reference to… (v. 2)
A. …just about any angel of God. B. …any vision one may have at night.
C. …a preincarnate manifestation of Jesus Christ. D. None of the above.
3. The _______________ burned with _______________, but was not consumed. (v. 2)
4. When the LORD had Moses’ attention He told him to take off his coat, for he was standing on holy ground (v. 5). True False
5. The LORD said that He had _______________ the affliction of My _________________ in Egypt (v. 7).
6. The LORD told Moses that He would bring the captive people out and to a land occupied by… (v. 8 )
A. …the Hittites and Amorites. B. …Canaanites and Perizzites.
C. …Hivites and Jebusites D. …All the above.
7. The ______________ which the LORD gives Moses for identifying Him to the people is ________________. (vv. 13-14).
8. The name “I Am” is a name of Self existence and eternality; the One who is, was, and forever shall be. True False
9. The ______________ of God to Moses was the _______________, because He is always the same. (vv. 15-17).
10. The Lord told Moses that the king of Egypt would let them go, and that they would go out with…
A. …serpents in their bags. B. …rags for clothing.
C. …jewels of gold and silver, and raiment
-Tim A. Blankenship