Inquiring Minds Want To Know – Exodus 10:1-29
One thing which should stand out clearly in the study of Exodus is God’s patience. Patience with Moses in his calling; patience with Pharoah time after time in the plagues.
It shoudl be eminently clear that God’s desire is for all – the whole world – to know He is the LORD. Up through chapter ten we are told of Pharoah’s hardened heart – first hardened by himself – until finally by God.
I. ANOTHER REASON FOR THE PLAGUES AND THE HUMILITY OF PHAROAH (vv. 1-3).
II. A QUESTION OF THIS MAN WHO IS TROUBLING EGYPT (vv. 4-7).
III. A QUESTION OF WHO WILL BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE EGYPT (vv. 8-11).
IV. THE PLAGUES OF LOCUSTS AND DARKNESS (vv. 12-23).
V. PHAROAH’S DECREE OF FINALITY (vv. 24-29).
1. There are at least three reasons for the hardening of Pharoah’s heart, and these plagues (vv. 1-2; 6:7; 7:5)-
A. So Israel will know God and trust Him; B. So Egypt and others will know that God is the LORD; C. So many generations of the Hebrews will know that God is the LORD; D. A, B & C
2. Humility was a good trait in the Pharoah of Egypt. (v. 3) True False
3. Moses and Aaron confronted Pharoah concerning his __________ _______ _____________ . (v. 3)
4. Pharoah is asked a question as though it might be questioning his reasoning. (v. 7) True False
5. The ______________ would _______________ all that was remaining following the hail (vv. 16-20).
6. Pharoah ______________ his sin against the LORD, but fails to _______________. (vv. 16-20)
7. The plague of ____________________ was upon the land for _______________ ______________ (vv. 21-23).
8. Twice in chapter 10 Pharoah wants to compromise by – (vv. 11, 24)
A. Allowing only the men to leave; B. Allowing all of them to leave, but that they must return;
C. Allowing all to leave, but they must leave their livestock; D. Both A & C.
9. Moses is told not to come to Pharoah again, by Pharoah. (vv. 27-29) True False
Study Questions Answers:
1. D; 2. False; 3. lack of humility; 4. True; 5. locusts, devour; 6. confess, repent; 7. darkness, three days; 8. D; 9. True.