FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
The Bread Of His Presence – Exodus 25:23-30
The Tabernacle in the wilderness was to represent the presence of God among His people. It clearly shows; to those whom God has given the ability to see; the plan of salvation for all who will believe.
In today’s study we see that God in Christ is our “Bread” our sustenance for life and eternity. A thought: In every home we enter we most usually see a table. Tables represent communion, fellowship, family. God’s table shows that God’s home has those things too.
I. AS WAS THE ARK, SO TOO, IS THE TABLE MADE OF ACACIA WOOD, OVERLAID WITH GOLD (v. 23).
II. GOLD RINGS WERE ON THE CORNERS FOR STAVES AND FOR CARRYING (vv. 24-28).
III. THE ARTICLES ON THE TABLE (v. 29).
IV. THE BREAD OF HIS PRESENCE (v. 30).
Study Questions –
1. The first place God goes in giving Moses direction for the furniture after the ____________ and the ____________ ____________ is to the _____________ _______ ________________.
2. The gold is a picture of perfection or our Lord Jesus Christ in His deity. True False
3. There is a second altar placed within the holy place [not the Holy of holies]. True False
4. The table’s contents include ____________ ______________ placed in ___________ _____________ upon the table (Leviticus 24:5-9).
5. The rings in the side and staves to carry the table probably are typical of the…
A. …presence of Christ in our journeys. B. …the need of carrying the table.
C. …ministry of the priesthood. D. Both A and C.
6. “The _____________ on the table points first, as does everything in the Tabernacle, to ______________ ________________.” A.W. Pink GLEANINGS IN EXODUS
7. The bread is a reminder of the abiding presence of God in Christ. True False
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. Ark, Mercy seat, Table of showbread; 2. True; 3. True; 4. twelve loaves, two rows; 5. D; 6. bread, Christ Himself; 7. True.