FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
…That I May Dwell Among Them… – Exodus 29:1-46
Rams, Bulls, unleavened cakes, oil, unleavened wafers made of wheat flour are part of the consecrating of the high priest – Aaron, and his sons. Shedding of blood, taking the life of these animals pictured the taking of the life of the Innocent/Guiltless/Sinless Son of God. All of this so that God might dwell among His people.
FILL IN THE BLANKS –
1. The ___________________ of the priesthood committed one _____________ and ____________ __________ in this solemn ceremony (vv. 1-18).
2. The solemn ceremony also included w______________, a_______________, and ________________ ___________ ________________ (vv. 1-18).
3. According to ___________ ______________ 2:9 the New Testament priesthood is made up of all who have “been called out of darkness into His marvellous light”.
4. The placement of the priest’s ______________ on the head of the sacrifice symbolizes the placement of the _______________ ___________ on to the sin bearer (vv. 19-21).
5. “Daubing blood on the right ear, hand, and big toe symbolically sanctified the __________ to ____________ the Word of God, the _____________ to do the ____________ of God, and the foot to ______________ in the way of God” MacArthur Study Bible, p. 138 (vv. 19-20).
6. The ________________ offering, and the ________________ offering when offered to the LORD makes the sign of the ________________ (vv. 26-28).
7. God says, “I will _______________ among the children of ________________”; and, “I ….brought them up out of the land of Egypt, that I may ______________ among them…” (vv. 44-46).
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. consecration, bullock, two rams; 2. washing, anointing, sprinkling with blood; 3. First Peter; 4. hands, priests sins; 5. ears, hear, hands, work, walk; 6. wave, heave, cross; 7. dwell, Israel, dwell.