Who Is In The House
2 John 1:7-11
1. Your house is where your family dwells with the God and Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. There are deceivers in the world who desire to break through the eternal security of Christ and the doctrinal security that is available through Him; to ruin, divide, steal, kill and destroy.
3. Like the treasure of our love for one another, our love for God and His truth we must hold firm to the truths of the Word of God, His death, burial and resurrection; and His oneness with the Father – the deity of Jesus Christ.
4. It is a grave danger to listen to ones who will deny the truth of the deity of Christ; It is not only an error of deliberated deception; it is also a danger for your household.
5. To allow one of these antichrist into your house is to put your approval upon that ones “ministry”.
I. A WORLD OF DECEIVERS DENYING OUR LORD AND SAVIOR (v. 7).
II. DECEIVERS, ANTICHRISTS ARE SEEKING TO DESTROY ALL THAT BELONGS TO GOD; DENYING THE DEITY OF CHRIST (v. 7).
III. THE TEACHINGS OF THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST, HIS DEATH, BURIAL AND RESURRECTION MUST BE HELD ON TO WITH A FIERCE GRIP (v. 8).
IV. THOSE ABIDING, LIVING, DWELLING IN THE DEITY OF JESUS CHRIST ARE BLESSED BY THE FATHER; THOSE WHO DO NOT DON’T KNOW GOD ARE IN TRANSGRESSION (v. 9).
V. KEEP THE FATHER AND SON IN YOUR HOUSE AND THERE WILL BE NO ROOM FOR ANY OTHER TEACHING (vv. 10-11).
i. Always be aware of deception and deceivers; stand guard by staying near to God’s Word, walking in the Spirit and knowing His voice.
ii. Remember that anyone refusing to acknowledge Jesus Christ, come in the flesh, is Immanuel or God with us; the holy incarnate has come; is a deceiver and antichrist.
iii. Let us always be informed, filled and knowledgeable of God’s Word, the gospel of Jesus Christ and maintain and grow in our devotion to Him; so that we can always give an answer for the grace that is within us.
iv. Rembering that our dwelling is in Christ and He in us; living outside of Him we would not acknowledge nor trust in His work and deity; He is the one in our house.
v. When we invite an unholy, Christ denying doctrine in our house we bring in weakness, death, fear, and destruction.
-Tim A. Blankenship