The Lamb and the New Song
1. An event which takes place around the throne of God and concerning a book sealed with seven seals
2. There is no man on earth found worthy to open the book.
3. John weeps when he sees that there is none who is worthy to open it.
4. The Lamb/Lion of the tribe of Judah takes the book from out of the hand of Him who sits on the throne.
5. All who are around the throne fall down before the Lamb in worship and praise.
I. THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN IS IN THE MIDST OF THE THRONE (v. 6).
II. THE LAMB WAS ABLE TO TAKE THE BOOK FROM THE RIGHT HAND OF HIM WHO SAT ON THE THRONE (v. 7).
III. THE RESPONSE OF THOSE AROUND THE THRONE IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LAMB (v. 8).
IV. THE NEW SONG THAT WAS SUNG AROUND THE THRONE (vv. 9-10).
1. It was a worship hymn …”Thou art worthy…;
2. It was a gospel song; … “Thou was slain, and hast redeemed us to God…”
3. It was a missions song; … “Out of every kindred, tongue, people and nation…”
4. It was a devotional hymn; … “And has made us unto God kings and priests…”
5. It was a prophetic song … “And we shall reign on the earth”.
From Warren W. Wiersbe’s BE Commentary
i. The Christian must live each day with the remembrance of the work of Jesus Christ on the cross, for it will be remembered throughout eternity.
ii. There is no one on earth who is able to obey, protect and keep the word of God and its testimony except the Man who is in Heaven – Christ Jesus.
iii. Since we are going to be spending a lot of time in Glory praising and worshipping God around the throne, then we need to be practicing it here at His throne.
iv. Singing the songs of glory will make this life more glorious; when they are sung from a redeemed heart and life.
-Tim A. Blankenship