FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
…The LORD is a Jealous God – Exodus 34:1-35
A few years ago there was a well known television personality, talk show hostess, Baptist pastors daughter who proclaimed “God is not a jealous God”. These words are of course contrary to what God says in His Word. It is His direct word to Moses as he is writing down what God says; “…For the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God…”
1. When you think of jealous, or jealousy what comes to your mind?
2. God told _______________ to hew out two ______________ _______________ like the first and He would write upon them. (vv. 1-3)
3. When Moses had obeyed the LORD in hewing out the stone tables we are told that… (vv. 4-9)
A. God was angry with Moses. B. God praised Moses.
C. GOD descended in the cloud. D. Neither A, B, or C.
4. “The LORD God, ___________________ and ______________________, longsuffering, and ___________________ in goodness and ___________________…” (v. 6)
5. God delights in striking His people in vengeance. True False (vv. 10-17)
6. Could it be that the reason for the law is to check our love and devotion to GOD? (vv. 18-28)
7. According to the New Testament the _______________ was put over Moses’ face to conceal the _____________ ________________. (vv. 29-35; 2 Corinthians 3:13)
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. discussion; 2. Moses, stone tables; 3. C; 4. merciful, gracious, abundant, truth; 5. False; 6. discussion; 7. veil, fading glory