JESUS SPEAKS FROM THE CROSS…
…Of Forgiveness and Paradise
Luke 23:33-34, 39-43
SEVEN MESSAGES FROM THE CROSS…
1. “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:33-34).
2. “Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
3. “Woman, behold thy son… Behold thy mother” (John 19:26-27).
4. “My God, My God; why hast Thou forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46; Mark15:34).
5. “I thirst” (John 19:28).
6. “It is finished” (John 19:30).
7. “Into Thy hands I commend My spirit” (Luke 23:46).
Looking at only two of the messages of Christ from the cross in this message;
I. JESUS PRAYS FOR FORGIVENESS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INVOLVED IN THE CRUCIFIXION (Luke 23:33-34; Matthew 6:14-15; 27:44).
II. THE PEOPLE JESUS PRAYED FOR ARE NOT WORTHY OF FORGIVENESS (Romans 3:23; Jeremiah 17:9).
III. THE PRAYER OF JESUS WAS ANSWERED THAT DAY (Luke 23:43; John 17:24).
IV. JESUS SPEAKS WORDS OF ASSURANCE AND PEACE TO A DYING THEIF (Luke 23:39-43).
i. Without the cross of Jesus Christ there would be no forgiveness for sin;
ii. We must all realize that without Christ within us we are wretched, miserable, poor and blind; full of evil;
iii. We can rest assured that the Father heard the prayer of Jesus that day; that all the sin debt of humanity was paid in full;
iv. To those who know they are condemned and dying Jesus gives eternal life for those who see who He is;
v. In Jesus Christ alone is there paradise.
-Tim A. Blankenship