JESUS SPEAKS FROM THE CROSS…
…Trusting the Father With His Very Being
THE SEVEN SAYINGS…
1. “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23:33-34).
2. “Today shalt thou be with Me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
3. “Woman, behold thy son… Behold thy mother” (John 19:26-27).
4. “My God, My God; why hast Thou forsaken Me?” (Matthew 27:46; Mark15:34).
5. “I thirst” (John 19:28).
6. “It is finished” (John 19:30).
(7. “Into Thy hands I commend My spirit” (Luke 23:46).
I. THE FELLOWSHIP BETWEEN FATHER AND SON IS RENEWED.
II. WITH THESE WORDS FROM THE CROSS JESUS IS LOOKING WITH JOY TOWARD THE GLORY (Heb. 12:2)
III. LATER WE FIND JESUS IS GONE FROM THE TOMB IN WHICH HE WAS BURIED (Luke 24:6-7).
IV. HE CALLS ON US TO TRUST THE FATHER JUST AS HE HAS (Psalm 37:3-5; Luke 24:44-48).
i. Fellowship that is broken with God can be restored because of the gift of Jesus Christ;
ii. We can with joy look to the glory we shall have with Jesus in eternity;
iii. The evidence of Jesus in our lives is that of a changed life;
iv. Trust God, our Father, every day through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
-Tim A. Blankenship