I am posting this late. It is from last Wednesday’s Bible Study.
Exodus 5 – Approaching Pharoah
I. APPROACHING THE KING WITH THE WORD OF THE LORD (v. 1).
II. THE KINGS “POWER” AND IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR DISOBEDIENCE (vv. 2-3).
III. A LIFE AND/OR DEATH SITUATION FOR GOD’S PEOPLE (v. 3).
IV. GOD DENIED, REJECTED; AND HIS PEOPLE FORCED TO HARDER LABOR (vv. 4-20).
V. TIME FOR APPROACHING GOD; POURING OUT THE HEART (vv. 21-25).
Worksheet Questions –
Moses and Aaron in complete obedience to the LORD, after revealing their intentions and plan to the people, went to the Pharoah with the Word of the LORD. They were to learn that it was going to be a difficult task; but a God-task; which only God could do.
1. Moses and Aaron went to the Pharoah with the ____________ of God. (v. 1)
2. Pharoah claimed not to know who the ___________ was, and refused to acknowledge Him. (v. 2)
3. The journey into the wilderness was for the purpose of worshipping God; and they promised to be gone only three days. (v. 3) True False
4. As Christians; our ministry is for the purpose of exposing people to God’s Word, including the _____________ of Jesus Christ.
A. Gospel B. Stories C. Miracles D. None of the above
5. For the Jewish people worshipping God was a life or death situation. (v. 3) True False
6. Pharoah ______________ God’s word from Moses and Aaron. (vv. 4-5)
7. As though the load of slavery wasn’t enough the king added more to the ______________ by having them get their own _____________. (vv. 6-9)
8. Many times when the Word of God is presented things become worse instead of better. True False
9. The Pharoah’s decree to increase their labor could have been a decree to ______________ his own power. (vv. 8-9)
10. Pharoah, when confronted about the issue of _________________ turns the blame on Moses and Aaron. (vv. 10-20).
A. good fortune B. Family C. overwork D. gold and silver
11. When Moses and Aaron are blamed by their people Moses approaches _______ __________ in prayer. (vv. 21-25)
-Tim A. Blankenship