If you want to scroll down to the next post you will find last weeks study of chapter five.
Exodus 6 – The Name Of The LORD
I. WAITING FOR THE LORD’S “NOW” (v. 1).
II. AS WE GROW IN THE LORD WE LEARN MORE ABOUT THE POWER OF YAHWEH (vv. 2-9).
III. HINDRANCES FROM GOD’S PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HINDER OUR OBEDIENCE (vv. 10-13).
IV. FROM TRIBES WHO NEEDED GRACE (vv. 14-27).
V. GO WHEN GOD SENDS, AND TRUST HIS POWER AND WORD (vv. 28-30).
Worksheet Questions –
The Pharoah has rejected the word of the Lord and that of Moses. The people are frustrated, angry with Moses; for their extra labor due to having to get straw themselves. The LORD appears to Moses again for assurance, and to tell him that it is time to begin.
1. God tells Moses that ” _________ you shall see what I will do to Pharoah.” (v. 1)
2. The Pharoah will come to a place where he will gladly send the Israelites on their way, even drive them out. True False (v. 1)
3. Several times in this chapter God uses the phrase ___ ______ _______ ___________.
4. The name “LORD” is used in the following places in Genesis (v. 2)
(A.) Genesis 4:26 (B.) Genesis 9:26 (C.) Genesis 12:8 (D.) All these and more.
5. Abraham knew God by the name of LORD (Jehovah, YaHWeH). True False (v. 3)
6. Possibly, the best understanding of “but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them” is (v. 3)
(A.) a contradiction of Scripture (B.) it cannot be understood
(C.) God likes to confuse things (D.) they had not witnessed His work as was about to happen.
7. There is an established ______________ for the people of Israel in the land of ____________ . (vv. 4-5)
8. God tells Moses to share with the people of Israel, ” I am ____ ________ _______ _______ ” (vv. 6-9)
9. Moses is relunctant to return to Pharoah’s presence due to the unbelief of his people [Israel]. True False (vv. 10-13).
10. Moses and Aaron are the sons of ______________ and ________________. (vv. 14-27).
11. The LORD reminds Moses again of who He is and that He is able to use him to ___________ to Pharoah. (vv. 28-30)
-Tim A. Blankenship