FROM DELIVERANCE TO GLORY
God And His People Too – Exodus 20:12-17
In our world there are many problems. There have been for thousands of years. There has been problems in families, extended families, communities, States, and nations of the world. It will continue that way until people heed the message of the Word of God.
In these final commandments from God, we have six commandments which have to do with man’s relationship with his/her fellow man. How we relate to God will impact how we relate to one another. Also, how we relate to our fellow man shows much about how we relate to God. It is my belief that if all men would fear and honor God according to those first four commandments, then, we could also obey the final six, and relate to our fellow human being rightly as well.
I. HONORING ONE’S PARENTS (v. 12).
II. RESPECTING THE LIFE OF OTHERS (v. 13).
III. RESPECTING THE MARRIAGE OF OTHERS (v. 14).
IV. RESPECTING THE OWNERSHIP OF OTHERS (v. 15).
V. RESPECTING THE POWER OF YOUR WORD (v. 16).
VI. RESPECTING THE STEWARDSHIP OF OTHERS (v. 17).
Study Questions –
1. Even adult children are responsible to honor their parents. True False (v. 12).
2. The fifth commandment is the first and only Commandment with… (Ephesians 6:1-2)
A. …Promise. B. …a curse. C. …no promise D. None of the above.
3. The sixth commandment should cause us to have _____________ for, and _____________ human life. (v. 13)
4. This (6th) commandment does not cover the issue of the death penalty in a murder case, or the case of warfare. True False
5. The seventh commandment is one that honors ________________ and protects the vows of those who marry. (V. 14).
6. ________________ is taking something that belongs to someone else; without their permission or without their knowledge; for one’s own personal use or benefit. (v. 15).
7. Bearing _____________ _________________ against your neighbor is the ______________ commandment. (v. 16).
8. To break any one of these commandments is to be guilty of breaking the whole law. True False (See James 2:10)
9. Let’s discuss that “Breaking the tenth commandment is the breaking of the whole” thought (v. 17).
-Tim A. Blankenship
1. True; 2. A; 3. respect, value; 4. True; 5. marriage; 6. Stealing; 7. false witness, eighth [the correct answer is ninth]; 8. True; 9. Discussion
Edited correct answer for question # 7 part 2 03/18/10. T.A.